The 5th edition of the Future Generation Art Prize:
20 artists were selected out of 5810 applications from 158 countries. 1 Ukrainian artist, Anna Zvyagintseva
, was as winner of the PinchukArtCentre Prize automatically shortlisted. The shortlist was exhibited in Kyiv and in Venice as an official collateral event of the Venice Biennale.
The winner received 100.000 USD:
- Emilija Škarnulytė (Lithuania).
The special prize winner received a production support of 20.000 USD:
- Gabrielle Goliath (South Africa),
- Cooking Sections (UK).
The prizes were awarded in Kyiv by the international jury:
- Pablo León de la Barra, Curator at Large, Latin America, Solomon R Guggenheim Museum and Foundation (New York);
- Björn Geldhof, Artistic Director, PinchukArtCentre (Kyiv);
- Helen Molesworth, writer;
- Gabi Ngcobo, curator, 10th Berlin Biennale;
- Tim Marlow, Artistic Director, Royal Academy of Arts (London);
- Christine Macel, Chief Curator, Centre Pompidou (Paris) and curator, Venice Biennale 2017;
- Hoor Al Qasimi, President, Sharjah Art Foundation and International Biennial Association.